Between April 5th and May 5th, 2021, we’re having our first Run for Hayhurst to raise money for our school and its community. With the challenges of COVID-19, the needs of our school community grew, while at the same time, we weren’t able to fundraise as we normally would. Now that we are planning for the next school year at Hayhurst, we could use your help!
Anyone Can Sponsor!
Hayhurst students are going to run for the school and we invite you to help us collect donations. Simply share this link to the online sponsorship form with anyone who wants to sponsor your runner and they can donate directly by credit card. You can also tell them to go to hayhurstpta.org/run.
If you’re looking for a print sponsorship form that you can use to donate by check or to collect checks from friends and family, please use this form.
Our goal is to raise $10,000 which will go towards school supplies, enrichment opportunities for students and teachers and more. We’re collecting donations till Friday, May 7th, 2021.
There will be individual prizes for top runners and classroom prizes for top earners, so make sure sponsors provide runner details when they donate.
All students receive participation gifts to kick off the run. Details to come.
It’s a Month Long Run!
With the new circumstances this year, we have a new way to run. Find the details below.
Run Details (Course Options)
Since we can’t have students running at the school, Coach Winkler has designated courses for them to run in. Students should record the miles they ran using this form. They can choose to submit the form every time they complete a course or they can submit multiple courses in one submission.
The last day to record miles is May 5th, 2021.
Here are the course options available for the run:
- Gabriel Park Greenway Loop – 1.5 miles
- Fanno Creek Trails:
- Tryon Creek State Park
- Washington Park Loop – 4 miles Loop
- Ida B. Wells High School Tracks – 1151 SW Vermont, Portland, OR 97219
- Easy Track Option at Ida B. Wells High School – 2 miles or 8 laps
- Moderate Track Option at Ida B. Wells High School – 4 miles or 16 laps
- Difficult Track Option at Ida B. Wells High School – 6 miles or 24 laps
Please contact Coach Winkler with questions/comments about these courses.
We have a couple of online forms and one print form:
- To record the miles that your student ran, please use our online mileage recording form. You can use the form multiple times to record miles every time students run or you can record multiple runs by a single student in one submission.
- To sponsor a runner and pay online by credit card or via PayPal, please use our online sponsorship form. You can direct friends and family to the form as well (they can get to that form by going to: hayhurstpta.org/run.
- To collect sponsorship donations by check/s, please use this form. One form per runner. There’s room to collect 5 checks per form.
You can volunteer to help collect and distribute prizes. Please contact Britney if interested.