Dear Students and Families,
We have some exciting resources to share with you to support reading and digital literacy this summer! During the last week of school each student will receive a packet with info and materials about:
- Multnomah County Library’s Summer Reading Program — Win prizes for reading this summer! Game board included in this packet. No library card required! More information here.
- MCL Connect — Now all PPS students have a library card through Multnomah County Library! Use your student ID number and password to check out books in person and online, get homework help, and use online learning sites.
- Hayhurst’s Reading BINGO — Complete your game card and bring back in the fall for a prize! Parents and/or guardians can play with students as well — make it a whole family activity!
And don’t forget we have lots of online resources through the Hayhurst Library website that include:
- NEW!! Hayhurst Virtual Makerspace — Lots of ideas for digital literacy, STEAM, and other learning and creation activities!
- PPS e-books, read alouds, and exploration sites — Destiny Discover catalog, Tumblebooks, Storyline Online, World Book Online, Kids Discover, and more!
Happy reading and creating!
The Library Ladies (Ms. Chambers & Ms. Jones)