Dear Wilson Neighborhood Community,
Now is the time to let the PPS School Board know that Wilson, Jefferson, and Cleveland should be included on the 2020 Bond!
A modernized Wilson would provide students with state-of-the-art learning facilities for generations to come. While much has changed since 1957, Wilson facilities have not. It is time to ensure that all PPS high schools, including Wilson, Jefferson, and Cleveland, provide students with 21st century learning opportunities.
These are some highlights from preliminary modernization plans for Wilson High School:
- Wilson students will stay in the current building while the new building is constructed.
- New building will include modernized classrooms, science labs, career-and-technical education spaces, fine and performing arts facilities, athletic facilities, and more.
- The Wilson pool can remain on camps.
- No expenditures are needed for bussing and temporary classrooms – money can be directly invested in the new facilities.
- The 2020 bond will keep the current tax levels unchanged.
Please contact PPS School Board members and share this simple message: The time has come to modernize Wilson, Jefferson, and Cleveland.
Andrew Scott (Wilson)- email@example.com
Michelle DePass (Jefferson) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Kohnstamm (Board Chair) – email@example.com
Rita Moore (Vice-Chair) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Bailey – email@example.com
Julia Brim-Edwards – firstname.lastname@example.org
Eilidh Lowery (Cleveland) – email@example.com
Contact: Erica Caldwell, Business Manager at Wilson High School.