This is a communication from Southwest Portland Little League:
We are excited to announce that lower level registration is now open! Tee ball, A baseball, AA baseball and softball launch league are now available for sign up! Note, if you have a credit with us from last spring, that amount will automatically be taken off your total at check out.
Here is all the important info you need for the season:
Financial assistance: The cost of playing baseball or softball this year should not be a barrier to any of our families. The T-Mobile Little League® Call Up Grant will pay the registration fee for any players who need financial assistance. Click Here to fill out the short application. Our league is “SW Portland LL.” T-Mobile will pay the league directly. Email Jake Hammer (firstname.lastname@example.org) after you fill out the application. All applications will remain confidential. SWPLL will also assist with equipment needs for any players who need help. All requests will remain confidential.
Volunteering: SWPLL is run 100% by volunteers. We ask that all families volunteer or pay a $60 per family opt out fee. If you are interested in coaching please register as a coach and we will contact you.
Equipment: All players need a glove in order to be on the field. Players in AA baseball and above need a cup. If you are unable to purchase a glove for your child, let the coach know. There are often limited supplies of lost gloves from prior seasons that are available for loan. The league provides helmets, balls and catcher’s equipment. Cleats are optional, and metal cleats are prohibited.
Games/Practices: The number of games and practices is determined by level and based upon field availability from Portland Public Schools and Portland Parks and Recreation. We cannot tell you when your practice times will be until your team is assigned.
Covid-19 safety protocol: Please visit this page for our safety protocol for the season.
- Early registration closes for softball and baseball AAA/Majors/Juniors- Feb 15
- Registration closes for softball and baseball AAA/Majors/Juniors- March 2
- Tentative Evaluations for softball and baseball AAA/Majors/Juniors- March 6/7 (location/time TBD)
- Team assignments AAA/Majors/Juniors- around March 15
- Early registration closes for Tee ball, A, AA, and Launch League-March 15
- Team assignments tee ball, Baseball A/AA and Softball Launch league- around Early April
- First game AAA, Majors and Juniors softball- Tentatively week of March 29th
- First game AAA and Majors baseball- week of April 5
- Tee ball, A, AA, and Launch League practice starts- week of April 12
- Tee ball, A, AA, and Launch League games start April 24
- Last game tee ball, A, AA, and Launch League- June 19
*Dates are subject to change and are pending field availability.