The PTA is very much needing some parents newer to the school who are interested in finding ways to get involved.
OFFICERS for PTO:
- We will be losing two officers for next year: Secretary and Treasurer.
- Secretary is mostly work during just the monthly meetings.
- Treasurer is mostly work outside of the school day.
- Both of these positions could be a parent who is working or has a less than flexible schedule and we have a new resource for paid childcare if that is a limitation.
- I would also like to identify someone who could be president elect next year.
NON OFFICER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Sustainability Chair – help us coordinate our Green efforts
- Scholastic Book Fair coordinator – this is two weeks of work in the school year
- Membership/Recruitment – mostly helping to find ways to reach out to families and engage them in the school in ways that feel good for them
- Communication – sending out the weekly emails and updating the website
- Passport Club – this can be as little as making sure that all the teachers have copies of the maps and a parent to help them from their class
- Anything else that you are passionate about – the things we do at this school are driven by parent motivation and passion. If there is something that you would like to see, then make it happen. This is how our super awesome programs evolved and they will continue to evolve as the parent make-up of the school changes.
Email Kirsten Carr if you are interested or want to nominate a friend.