At a Glance
- Jr. Lego Club is a Hayhurst PTA sponsored after-school program
- For 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders (Kindergarteners will be considered for volunteer leaders)
- December 6th, 2017 – March 14th, 2018.
- Wednesdays, 2:15-4 p.m.
- Fees: $110 for 13 meetings, including snacks
- More info about the program available here.
- Registration Available here.
The Long Version
Jr. Lego Club will meet Wednesdays after school from 2:15-4 pm in Room 21. Meetings will run December 6th-March 14th. The club is available to all children of every skill level in grades 1st to 3rd and kindergartners of those adults that agree to co lead a team.
Over the course of 13 meetings our teams will set out to accomplish a challenge of exploring a real-world topic by creating, building and programming. This year’s challenge is “Aqua Adventure” where we will explore how water is used at home and in our community.
The Club will end with a finale on March 17th at the OMSI First Lego League Jr. Expo where each team presents their project.
Registration fee is $110 and includes a snack at each meeting. Scholarships are available on a first come basis.